The Second World Nomad Games will be held in Kyrgyzstan on September 3-8, 2016. There will be 23 different sporting competitions at the next nomadic analogue of the Olympic Games. According to the State Agency on youth, physical culture and sport under the Government of the Kyrgyz Republic, athletes from more than 40 countries are expected to compete in the coming tournament, which will be held in one of Kyrgyzstan’s most beautiful resort towns, Cholpon-Ata.
The first ever World Nomad Games were held in Kyrgyzstan in September of 2014. The Games were a celebration and dedication to the history of nomadic nations, their traditions, lifestyles, and culture. The First World Nomad Games gathered more than 400 athletes from 19 countries, who competed in wrestling, horse wrestling, horse races, Kok Boru, Ordo, Kyz Kumai, etc.
The mission of the Games – revival and preservation of the historical cultural heritage of the nomadic people’s civilization of the world.
Objectives of the Games:
- to show the world the greatness of nomadic civilization.
- to show the world values of peace, culture and life of each ethnic group of nomadic world.
- the opportunity to see the nomadic sports in their original form.
- the opportunity to see the richness of the nomadic people of the world.
To the “World Nomad Games 2016” are invited:
- Heads of states and governments;
- Prominent figures in the field of the culture and science;
- Athletes from 40 countries;
- Mass media representatives from more than 50 countries with a possibility of broadcasting to 500,000,000 people.
The program of the World Nomad Games includes:
- Grand opening and closing ceremonies of the Games;
- Spectacular sports events and competitions in 23 kinds of ethnosport;
- Cultural events at picturesque gorge “Kyrchyn” and at the Hippodrome in Cholpon–Ata;
- Cultural events and evening concerts;
- Scientific Conference on the theme “Nomadic civilization: Historical Heritage and Modernity”;
- Demonstration performances of folk and ethnic games of the world.
World Nomad Games is the most dimensioned international project of the Kyrgyz Republic.
The Games’ slogan: “UNITED in FORCE! UNITED in SPIRIT!”
To learn more about the Second World Nomad Games and the types of games, please visit www.worldnomadgames.com